Thursday, December 29, 2011

Jealousy

I'm thinking about you
By Mike Taylor


I love this poem. I love how its not just a traditional poem, he tells it like its a dialogue. Like its a note he's writing to his girl. Then he just goes off listing all of these fantastic similes, (i think its a simile, if not don't hurt me nelson.) Such as: "Like hands think about holding, like arms think about folding, like minds think about not thinking but knowing." Those are the first ones he uses and it hooks me completely.

My favorite paragraph is " Like mattresses think about springs and winter thinks about spring, who thinks about summer and it doesn't matter what season it is, when I'm thinking about you its always sunny." I don't care how ugly you are, you could get any girl just by reading these couple of lines. I like how some lines are very touching and sincere, but then he can switch gears just like that and make everyone go from crying to laughing and back to crying again.

He is able to get his message across very clearly that whoever this poem is about is very important to him and she is always on his mind. " and the world makes... cents..." that's another great line.

Mike Taylor makes me want to be a poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment